Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Suckitude and Awesomeness

Last Tuesday, I spilled Coke all over my laptop during gaming. I cleaned it out as quickly and as thoroughly as I knew how. Unfortunately, it was not sufficient. I left backing up my data overnight, just in case. I woke in the morning to see a black screen reading, "Operating system not found." And none of my data had been backed up.

Turns out I fried my hard drive. Scorch marks and everything. My data was not recoverable. I lost my campaign notes, character sheets, movies, TV shows, e-books, thousands of image macros and pages of manga, and a hefty chunk of my thesis. Suckitude.

The awesomeness is that the only thing fried was the hard drive. I picked up a new 160 hard drive for $78 and reinstalled my OS and it runs fine. The keyboard is still a little tacky and some keys are stiff, but $78 is vastly superior to the cost of replacing the whole laptop. Especially when unemployed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home