Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Boys Next Door

I went to the theater last night. The play was The Boys Next Door, a play about a group of mentally handicapped guys living in an apartment together and their social worker. An very good play, and excellently acted. The actors were very believable and did an amazing job with what looked like a very difficult role. Generally, I don't care for plays that have a point, let alone ones that tell you what the point is, but this was done well enough that it didn't bother me.

And from the comments I overheard from the rest of the audience, it seemed as if they needed the extra little prod about the play. I don't think they had any real conception of what retardation is. They seemed to be expecting them all to be "cured" by the end of the play. Weird.


Gremlin Theatre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home